Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Workin' on the Cabin..

So..Robert & I have spent the past 3 days working on the Shasta...aka The Croppin' Cabin. The kids & I are pulling it out to our fave camping spot this weekend and having a family party for Kid #3 on Saturday, and I wanted to get all the major cleaning, etc done, and there were some things that I needed his help with. He's such a good sport! hehe

Anyway...the toilet issue is still unresolved, but we did find 3 new interior lights that were 110...the originals were broken, all but 1. I found these at Home Depot for $45 for the set of 3. It was more than I had originally hoped to spend on lights, but it's difficult to find a light small enough for the camper & that has an on/off switch..Here they are..brushed nickel with frosted glass globes:




And then Robert made shelves for my closet..and did the new ceiling. (I had ripped the bathroom & closet ceilings down last year because of the dry rot.)

And then I found this little gem at a yard sale last weekend..It is a fabric lamp..Robert bought it for me..it's going into the Croppin' Cabin eventually, along with the furry gray pillows that you see below in the next picture. I'm thinking of doing polka dots on the navy sofa there with some pink & red fabric paint, but haven't gotten that far yet. I will also add more throw pillows, and a throw..waiting to see what fabric I can find for embellishing. I'm hoping to add some shag or furry throw rugs, too.





My wonderful, wonderful, extremely talented MOM is working on the new curtains for me...here is the fabric:



So..I still have a long way to go, but it's getting there. My sister & BIL are giving me some Pergo for the new floor..I cannot WAIT to get it installed..I think it will add some warmth & give a very nice cozy feel to the Croppin' Cabin!

If you have any suggestions or comments about how to fix up the Cabin, I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...WOW!!! I really want to play with you!!! You should do a "cross country tour" in the Shasta and stop at all the Cricut MB's towns!!!
:)Misti
s.k.a. ScrappyMouse

Julie H said...

Very cute! Love the fabric. we have similar lights above our bed in our bedroom. I like that you can just reach up and turn them off.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com