Sunday, June 15, 2008

Exploding Box for Father's Day

I've been wanting to try one of the infamous "exploding boxes" and I thought Father's Day would be a great time to learn how to make them. They were easier than I had expected them to be, so that was great. I made one with the kids for their dad, and one for my dad..The larger one is for my dad...I still need to add pictures to his, but I'll do that tomorrow. It's now 1:19 a.m. and I've been working on these most of the night. (I had to take a break and talk to my friend/neighbor Reta, and bake some cookies for the little cookie monsters.)

Here is the completed small one, and the beginning stages of the larger one:


And here is the inside of the smaller one:



And here we have the completed larger one for my dad:



And what happens when you open it:



And a little peek at another of the layers in the inside...I know, I have freakishly long fingers. ?? Please don't let that distract you..



Papers for the small box are DCWV Stack 5, and papers for the larger box are Chatterbox (ohhhhhhh, how I love both DCWV & Chatterbox--they make me so happy!) I chalked the outside of the larger one, and I chalked the pages of the smaller one. I used a few Memory Makers brads, some ribbon, and a few eyelets that came with my CAD.

I hope the next one I make is even better..I hope it is anyway! I think I may do a black & white with the DCWV black & white stack & some b&w photos..add a splash of color here & there..what do you think?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

OH MY GOSH! These are the cutest things ever. I really need to try one... or two or three. I'm glad to hear it was easier than you thought. That offers more encouragement than you'll ever know! I love the colors and all the detail. You are an amazing artist! Thanks for sharing, and letting me stalk your blog! :)

matchbox20girl said...

Amanda~Thanks so much for leaving such sweet comments for me! You just make my day when I see that you've left a comment..you are so SWEET! I can't wait to see your explosion box!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com