Friday, June 13, 2008

The new cabinet hardware is up!



The Croppin' Cabin has been taken over by little spaceships...Okay, not really, but the new cabinet pulls/handles are installed. I bought light pine wood putty and hoped for a good match, and it was..I puttied the existing holes, and Robert drilled new ones (centered.)It isn't perfect, and I noticed when the handles were off that there's significant wear/staining around the handle area. I had originally decided NOT to paint the lovely 70's blonde interior, and then I decided that I would, and then I decided again that I would not (are we seeing a pattern here??...someone save me from myself!). Now I think I may need to, although the spaceships are quite a bit larger than the original pulls.

How do you guys think they look?





In OTHER exciting news, Mom came over today and we went to see Dad at the nursing home. They were waxing the dining room floor on his wing, so we took him out the doors and to the main cafeteria (aka restaurant.) While there, Jordan noticed they had a big pool table in the back....she & I started playing, and Mom finally convinced Dad to come & help us. (Trust me..we needed it!) Anyway, lo & behold we discover that he not only used to be quite the pool player, but he REMEMBERS HOW. He knew how to hold the stick, what ball to hit, which angle to use..he was AWESOME. He got them in left & right. He even helped Jordan. It was a great thing to see..my dad showing/sharing something with my child..I thought those days were long gone. *sniff sniff* (Please excuse the bad pictures..I only had my phone and I got paint on the lense last summer..oops.)





Anyway, we went to Walmart after that and I showed Mom the new fabric I'd decided on for the dinette & futon/sofa for the Croppin' Cabin. We ended up buying all 5 yards that they had so I'm sure we'll be looking for more..

Guess what, though??? I'm not telling you what it is or what it looks like. You're just going to have to wait & see.

Tommorrow I need to do some quick & serious card making..I need to make a Father's Day card for Dad (thinking I might do something with a truck, or pool table?? hehe) and the kids want me to help them make one for their dad, too. I was thinking I might try my hand at an exploding box, but not sure I'll have time. I'll be sure to post pics of whatever I come up with!

1 comments:

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ said...

I love it!!!.. It got me all mushy!.. Hope you have many more days like that with your dad!..Looks like he had a lot of fun...

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com