Thursday, June 5, 2008

My first cake box "cake"




So I've been wanting to try one of these for a couple of months, and finally got the bigger Cricut & was waiting for the right occasion to make one. We're having a family party for Kid 3 this weekend while camping, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try my hand at these nifty little cakes. Unfortunately I didn't have enough same-color cardstock, and I was pressed for time, so this was all I had on hand. I think it turned out okay for my first one..at least I know what I want to look for now. I was thinking this would be a wonderful "thank you" gift to take to my dad's nursing home for the nurses on his wing...who wouldn't like a little box filled with candy now & then?

The boxes are made with orange cardstock...I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge to do the boxes, and Accent Essentials to do the large green scallop the cake is sitting on & the small pink scallops on the ends. I used white vellum on the "windows" and stamped each with a small flower. I then stamped "thank you" on the side of each "piece." The top is adorned with black/white ribbon, a small prima, and a Queen & Co small brad. The centerpiece is made of large primas and a large Making Memories black dot brad.

The inside is filled with jelly beans, and I hope they make great little party favors for our guests.




I have the entire thing sitting on a white shirt box which I decorated with some primas, glitter brads, and curly ribbon. I'm not really sure what I should have used to set the "cake" on?? If some of you know or have a good idea (keep in mind that I only have Walmart) I would love to hear from you!! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE your cake that you did. I've looked at a dozen times on the Cricut MB, but thought I'd tell you on your darling blog too just how much I love it!! You really do amazing things. I'm always inspired by your projects. I love the Croppin' Cabin. That is the CUTEST!!

Unknown said...

Kimmie! I love the Croppin' Cabin! What a cute idea!! I have a 34 ft. Layton that I think my hubby will shoot me if I try to make it a croppin' cabin!! We love to camp too and are going out this weekend for our summer's maiden voyage. Workin on cleaning out the camper now! Have fun with it!!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com