Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weinie Roast, anyone?


So we have this HUGE tree in our backyard that was hit by lightning a couple of years ago..and every week before my neighbor mows, and before I mow, we have to spend a lot of time picking up the fallen branches & limbs from said tree. This has always been a problem because the city picks up yard waste the last week of the month, or so they say...Often times I've lugged it all out there only to find it still sitting long after the trash goes by. Then I lug it back to the back yard..it's a mess. After all of the storms & rain we've had this year, Reta & I both have a rather large pile of limbs/branches piling up beside the back fence...

So...I was thinking about how much my kids love to camp, and the campfire..and how we sure would like to cook on a campfire at home once in a while, and today while I was at Walmart I picked up a firepit. It was $50, and it burns wood. You know..WOOD..like the fallen branches/limbs. It's the perfect solution!! The bottom of my pile is seasoned enough to burn, and now I can take Reta's pile of sticks and burn those, too.

So you can guess what we're having for dinner tonight..

OTHER MISC NEWS: I talked to my sister today, and my BIL has offered to graciously install the Pergo floor in the Croppin' Cabin in exchange for some help organizing their office. As soon as Summer Adventure is over, I'll load the kids up for Grandma's, and I'll take the Cabin to my sister's house. He can install the Pergo, and I'll organize. I'm really excited..it's very sweet of them to give me the floor, and an extra bonus that he's installing it. I think it's really going to change the look of the interior, and definitely add a coziness to the cabin.

And a girl from Freecycle contacted me today about a train case that she has..I am very excited. Robert also said that I could have the one we found at the yard sale a few weeks ago--the new wore off of it today and he became tired of digging to the bottom to find what he needed, so it looks like I've gained 2. I'm VERY excited to start altering those. :gasp:

AND..last but not least by ANY means, my sweet, sweet, super-sweet mom came to my rescue again today. I was telling her that I was going to buy a 1.5" Memory Foam topper for the Cabin because the futon mattress resembled sleeping on concrete, and she offered to let me have the queen-size one that she has as she doesn't really like it. I think it will fit inside the futon cover since it is only 1.5", and I hope it helps. If not I'll be forced to buy the 4" one, which seems awfully tall.

And if you've read this long, then I admire you...that's all of the happenings around the Croppin' Cabin homestead for now...check back tonight or tomorrow for pictures of our first campfire at home!

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com