Monday, June 9, 2008

Birthday Happenings

We had 2 parties for Kid 3 this past weekend..we had one at home for her friends, and then a small family party at our campsite later that night...wienie roast & marshmallows & the whole bit.

I was so rushed on time this week, and someone on the Circut mb had posted some cupcakes she had made for her son...so I modified this idea (thanks for the scraplift, Uh-Oh-Mommys*Addicted)!! Hers was way cuter, but I think I did okay..I was leaning towards a similar idea and she REALLY helped me pull it all together in my mind..If you want to see hers, you can find her on the Cricut MB..she posted it in the Crafts thread...you should go have a look!

I printed the Scooby online, adhered it to chipboard (Cheerios box..haha) and then colored it in with pencils & softened it with mineral spirits. My sister called while I was doing this and asked what I was doing, and I told her I was "coloring a Scooby." She questioned my sanity I do believe, but we moms have no limits to what we'll stoop to! I cut a large scallop for the plate, and used some dowel rods to support the sign & Scooby. I added some Stickles to Scooby's collar & nose & spots. (I knew that Black Diamond Stickles would come in handy!)





And here's a picture of the gift bags we made for the little party guests..we found the bags 2/$1 at the Dollar Tree, and filled them with Smarties, play doh, silly putty, and scented bubbles. Then we found those pretty colored file folders 4/$1 at the Dollar Tree, and we printed out Scooby coloring sheets and hole punched them to fit in the folders, then tied them with ribbon. I made the tags for the bags with Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, of course. I then stamped them with a small Thank You stamp from Stampin' Up. (Found the set at a yard sale this summer for $7..yay!)



Here's a picture of some of my family members enjoying our little campsite..no, I didn't ask first..don't tell them I posted their pictures, okay? (giggle)That'll just be our little secret..






And you can see a brief glimpse of the Croppin' Cabin in the background..in all her unfinished glory:





Oh, and here's Kid 3 kicking my sister's hiney at a game of Ladder Golf..new game for my sister..she was pretty good though. Kudos to her! (It stinks to get beaten too badly by a 6-year-old..I speak from experience.)



Oh..and one more picture of the jellybean paper cake..right before they took their pieces home and devoured the beans.

1 comments:

BrandiLynn said...

oh girl you did great thanks for the props I am just so happy to be lifted :D

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com