Saturday, August 9, 2008

Charcoal Grilling

We have a new member of the family..or should I say to our backyard oasis...a new charcoal grill. Up until last week, I was a gas grill kinda' girl...but after my fairly new gas grill decided to be tempramental and rarely work, I gave it away on Freecycle & picked this little guy up at Walmart.



Assembly took about an hour, and it was $25 for the grill and another $9 for the chimney starter. (I didn't want to use lighter fluid or other chemicals.) Add a bag of charcoal and some meat, and you're good to go! The first night we had steaks..they turned out delicious. The next night I did burgers & dogs, and again..delicious. I had no idea what I was missing out on. Yes, I was a charcoal grill virgin. There. I said it. I have to agree, however, that while a gas grill might be quicker & easier, this charcoal grill taste is hard to beat.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Charcoal rules! I told you the taste was better. Yeah, gas is fast and easy, but there's something about charcoal. Glad you like it! We have to do some recipe exchanges :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the new grill, I'm also a charcoal girl and isn't the chimney the greatest thing? We use ours all the time, not only for the grill but for our dutch ovens also. Have to admit that I do miss the quickness of the gas at times but it can't beat charcoal.

Donna

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com