Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Aluminitis


I have an illness..No, not the fibromyalgia, but another illness just as prevailing and just as widespread--I have Aluminitis. Aluminitis is an affliction of needing to have vintage/classic aluminum on wheels sitting around in your driveway, garage, or yard. From the very moment I brought the Shasta home, I was immediately plagued with this strange illness. I began looking for a sister to the Shasta...and while I found a few prospects, I never really found "the one."

So..this year is a new year, and a new beginning for me..a fresh start in a way. I think it's time to give into the cravings of Aluminitis and add to our family. This time I'm looking for even more vintage...early-to-mid 60's, canned-ham shape with a window in the door. I don't care if it has a title, I don't care if the furnace works, and I don't care if the tires are rotted. All I ask is that it has working electric inside. I'm not camping in this one--it's going to be solely a scrapbooking cabin. I have this mental image of this cute canned ham vintage trailer sitting out back with stepping stone walk leading up to the door, a white picket fence around it with flower beds galore..and a porch light and lamp post welcoming all who care to scrap for a while or come in for a sip of hot tea. I might even let the kids use it as a changing room for the pool. I have curtains made already from the ditsy red Debbie Mumm Scrapbooking Bee fabric, and black metallic denim for the seats.

Aluminitis..is there a cure? Probably not, but I don't think I'm too worried about it.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun!! I would love to have a cup of tea and scrap. What a cute idea...hum...may have to look for one of those myself!!! Cindy

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com